Assignment Ratings

6 = Earth Art Animation

This was my least favorite assignment because I went into thinking that I had to build an earth sculpture masterpiece, when 1. I am no sculptor and 2. That was not the point of the assignment. It was also aggravating because I somehow lost a decent amount of footage which ruined our editing plans.

5 = Direct Film Manipulation

This was a really fun and, for me at least, messy project. I enjoyed working with film for the first time and learning how to use the splicer. This assignment made me appreciate film way more, I could not imagine splicing an entire movie together. I'll probably never do something like this again, which is why it is rated 5!

4 = Bolex Long Take

For my group, this project was a beautiful disaster. We had the worst luck, but we were able to make something unique out of it. The best part of the project was the live second sensory element. It was something that I had never experienced and that concept was really cool to work with.

3 = Rhythmic Edit

I didn't think that I would love the alter-ego aspect of this project, but I did. I had a lot of fun painting a big star on my face and pretending to be a rockstar for all of campus to see. The editing part was a little confusing for me, so I think my end result could have been better but the process of making it was amazing (shoutout to Sheila)

2 = Creative Crowdsourcing

The concept of creative crowdsourcing is so awesome and innovative and fun to watch and to create. Doodling is my life, so when I was asked to decorate thirty notecards however I wanted, I was thrilled. I put the most time into this assignment, and I went all out for it with sharpies, paint, and some collage. I could doodle like this for the rest of my life and I would be content. The animating part was difficult, but I was able to kind of make an animation, which is good enough.

1 = Video Letter

This project put me straight into my feelings and I found myself crying... a lot. I wanted to make this project personal and nostalgic, so I had to contact people that I haven't talked to in a long time. Talking to them and sharing memories helped my sanity in these final weeks of the semester. Out of all of my projects, the end result of this one was my favorite. I liked being forced to try a new technique because if I wasn't, I don't think my final product would have been as effective as this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freestyle

Rough Theatre

Visualizing ourselves with crowd-sourced data