Freestyle

Here's a crowdsourcing anecdote:

I conveniently had a family event (my aunt's b-day) the weekend before our crowdsourcing segments were due. I had completed most of the notecards on my own, but I still had a few left and I was completely burnt out from it. So, I was thinking that it would be great to get my family to participate, knowing they were going to be drunk and goofy (they were serving margaritas and tacos, so things were assumed to get rowdy). When I felt the time was right, I pulled out my arts and crafts out of a Walmart plastic and all of the aggravating children were immediately on top of it. Me, being nice and figuring that this could be interesting, agreed to let them paint my notecards. Trying to explain this assignment to adults is hard. Explaining this assignment to children? Impossible. They don't know the difference between a warm and a cold color, they just wanted to paint. My mom participated, and even she got the color palette wrong. The youngest kid completely trashed her notecard. She just took all the blues and mixed them all together, and the figure that was supposed to be the most prominent part of the card was lost in the mess. I had to redo the card.

Here's a rhythmic edit anecdote:

It was a Sunday on campus, so I didn't expect there to be many people on campus. I was so, so painfully wrong. I went all out for my rockstar makeup, which looked pretty ridiculous in the setting. People were pretty much constantly walking by and staring, but there was one moment in particular that makes me want to crawl in a hole. I got down on my knees to perform the most epic air guitar, and as I sat there with my tongue out, bobbing my head, I made eye contact with some dude with crazy long blonde hair and he stopped to watch and laughed.

it be like that sometimes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rough Theatre

Visualizing ourselves with crowd-sourced data