Visualizing ourselves with crowd-sourced data

Seeing all of these different crowdsourcing projects really puts its limitless potential into perspective. I think that it is really awesome how no two crowdsourcing projects will ever be the same. It is interesting to see so many different artistic styles in one larger and very dynamic piece. I loved the Johnny Cash music video and I think it would really awesome to be a part of a project like that. With all of the negativity towards the media nowadays, it is nice to see it put it a better light. Social media can entail a negative experience if you let it, but it can also result in a new kind of creativity that we have never seen before. More voices can be heard and more stories can be told.

I thought that the first projects Koblin mentions were unique in the way that he took simple daily activities and made them interesting. Seeing all the different flights and the color patterns they create puts air traffic into perspective. Air traffic isn't something I typically think about in my spare time, but seeing it turned into meaningful art makes me believe that you really can create something out of nothing. I also thought that the text message project was really fascinating and even tells a visual story with the way everyone sends the "Happy New Years" text.

Overall, this talk definitely inspired me to come up with new ways the visualize the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freestyle

Rough Theatre